Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day of Torture

Science Fair!!! Seriously, what do we get from this stuff, anyway? Just an experiment in which scientists have long ago discovered the results to. 


And how does this help mankind? How crazy is that?? I mean, really, mankind? Think about that for a moment...How does it help mankind??...Now, tell me if you got to the same conclusion as I did: Scientists have already done this experiment before, and if it did help ppl before, then they would have used it, so knowing that is completely useless.

Ok, that might be bonkers, but what about this: What is your purpose of doing this project??Who doesn't know that we, as kids, only do Science Fair because we are forced to, and we'll get an F if we don't? One of my classmates said: "My purpose of doing this project is because my teacher forced me to do it."


It's all true. Essentially, the reason we do this is because we have to, and our purpose of doing this is all made up. You agree with me so far? If you do, keep reading. If you don't then get off cuz you won't like to hear this:


Another problem in Science Fair - The judges.
After giving us uncontrollable torture, which, our body's defenses somehow fight so we can survive, we are finally finished with our project. Now, we have to make the Science Fair board. After we do that, which, once again, is torture, we have to PRESENT it, and then be judged. Wondering why put so much emphasis in "present"? Because it's a big deal. 
It's one of those times when your forehead gets sweaty, your hands get sticky, your face is suddenly in an oven, and you know you're going to stammer if you manage to talk.
Yep, that's what it feels like.
Luckily, I didn't stammer, but everything else feels like it happened. After all the torture we've been through, they should atleast give us a  nice judge that "makes us feel like we were having an ordinary chat with the topic just so happening to be scienc-y" according to one of my very, very lucky friends who had a nice judge. 


I don't know about you, but I'm glad this is my next-to-last experience with Science Fair...I hope. To everyone out there who agrees, comment and tell me how the presentation was x-|  *cough* *cough*


~Lills

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you gonna take a shot at the contest? Your creativity is cool and abnormal (which is a good thing ;)

    ReplyDelete